Thursday, August 27, 2026

Working Like A Swallow









Work and worry go hand in hand,
And their impact can be
A burden weighing heavily
On simple folks like me.
 
Yet, if I choose to work with joy,
Each little task or chore
Can be a blessing beyond words
knowing what lies in store. 
 
It helps me to keep this in mind,
That all the work I do,
Is to be done with the same joy
I’d have working for You.



 








Whether the task is menial
Or of vast importance,
I want to work diligently,
Not leaving things to chance,
 
If I am to serve here on earth
With the same love You shared,
Then I must work harder than most.
For You left nothing spared.
 
If Your eye’s on the sparrow, Lord,
Then that’s what I will be.
Building and feathering life’s nest,
While singing joyfully.



 







I’m not looking for great reward
For the labor I do,
But that my work, done joyfully,
May bring delight to You.
 
I’ll never be able to do
The work You did down here,
But, when I work with joy and praise,
I always feel You near.
 
Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,
 
Psalm 128:2
You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be blessed, and it shall be well with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment