Monday, August 17, 2026

A Calling, A Joy


 









When I first saw this sweet photo
My heart burst with delight.
That precious pup sat in the field
With sunflowers and light!
 
Yet, when I spoke with his human
I understood much more,
For he’d been flushing out the birds.
Doing what he’s trained for.
 
Though it is not that season yet,
He works at it each day,
Because that’s what he's called to do.
For him, it’s work and play!
 
It called to mind a simple truth
The Word offers to me,
The joy that comes from serving God
Comes to us innately.
 
He’s called us to love Him and those
Who share this life we live,
To praise Him and rejoice in all
The grace He’ll freely give.
 
I find I’m happier by far
When standing in His grace,
Then I have been at any time
Or any other place.
 
Lord, like this pup, let me do first
That which You’ve called me to,
Then rejoice in the vast blessings
I always find in You.
 
John 15:10-11
If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
 
Numbers 6:24-26
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

This sweet photo is a gift from TT. Such a joyful blessing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment