Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Aches And Pains And Rejoicing


 








My weary bones don’t like mornings,
But I rise, just the same,
And step out into what comes next,
Rejoicing in His name.
 
Some days He is my only strength.
Despite the aches and pain
He gives me the will to get up,
Though I might still complain.
 
For each day is another chance
To serve Him just once more,
And I’m excited to find out
What each day holds in store.
 
He never yet has let me down,
There’s always a surprise.
Some brand new blessing waiting to
Appear before my eyes.
 
So, even if I wake in pain
I thank Him for this day,
Get up, get dressed, and get ready
For what He sends my way!
 
Psalm 118:23-24
This is the Lord's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
 
Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment