Monday, August 10, 2026

Mocked By The Rain


 







The sky went dark, the air grew still,
The clouds begin to speak
In soft, but deep and rumbling tones.
I knew that, soon, they’d leak.
 
Which is, actually, quite funny
Since I had just been out
To water the flowers and yard,
And stave off a small drought.
 
Sometimes I know You laugh at me
And I laugh right along,
Because I think my plan’s perfect,
When, clearly, that is wrong.
 
The rain now taps soft on the pane
And I smile with delight.
For, though the rain is mocking me,
You’re still perfectly right.
 
Lord, we so dearly needed rain,
To me it’s a blessing
To have it splashing on the spot
Where I’d been watering!
 
Psalm 68:9-10
Rain in abundance, O God, you shed abroad; you restored your inheritance as it languished; your flock found a dwelling in it; in your goodness, O God, you provided for the needy.
 
James 5:18
Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment