Tuesday, August 18, 2026

I'm Focused In


 







Sometimes I question if I’m called.
Lord, please don’t get me wrong.
It’s not the call, but my own doubt,
My spirit’s not that strong.
 
I know You’ve called me, but I ask
Is this what I’m to do,
Or have I just misunderstood
What You’re calling me to?
 
I’d like to say that I will stand
Without question or doubt,
But You know all that’s on my mind,
And all that I’m about.
 
When I wonder if I heard wrong,
I stop and just listen,
For I know Your Spirit will speak,
Set me on track again.
 
I am aware some think I’m odd
To believe I hear You,
But when I just stop and listen
Your voice comes softly through.
 
You’ve never led me astray, Lord,
Though I’ve swerved now and then,
So when I hear You I focus,
Get up and start again.  
 
I know I cannot understand
All that You’ve seen and know,
So I don’t trust me over You.
I go where You say go.
 
Thank You for all Your patient grace.
Living beneath Your wing
Has made my choices easier,
For the wisdom You bring.
 
Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
 
John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment