Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Feeling Pensive Today


 










I’m feeling pensive today, Lord,
My thoughts weigh heavily.
I needed to stop and recall
What You have said to me.
 
In this world there will be trouble
But You have overcome
All that the world can throw at us.
You’re where our strength comes from.
 
Your plan was in place long before
You commanded the light
To shine down upon this dark world.
Your design’s always right.
 
All these things that now weigh on me,
The evil taking place,
The ever growing willingness
To seek out sin’s embrace.
 
You’ve seen it time and time again.
Yet, in such vast array,
This is the first time I have seen
It all on full display.
 
I know I can’t fix what is wrong,
And I know that You can.
I also know You’re in control.
This is all in Your plan.
 
I just needed to talk to You
To get my thoughts in line,
And give to You what’s beyond me.
Then I can handle mine.
 
Thank You, Lord! I love You.
 
Ecclesiastes 1:9
What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun.
 
James 1:5-6
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment