Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Heed The Warning Signs










Loud thunder starts to fill the sky,
And I will not complain,
For it is heralding the chance
Of some much needed rain.
 
There were some other hints of rain,
But I took little note.
They were so quiet I ignored
Those hints. They seemed so rote.
 
I realized, about the time
Those thunder clouds rolled in,
That we tend to give the same heed
To the warnings of sin.
 
They’re often quiet, those warnings,
And temptation is sweet.
If we don’t stay ever alert,
They’ll land right at our feet.
 
The voices and the choices of
Sin we will face on earth
Are so destructive to our souls,
While carrying no worth.
 
Don’t miss the small signs that appear,
Before it is too late.
There’s no use in barring the door
Once sin is through the gate.
 
So, while we need the rain that comes
Thundering though the skies,
Against the sin that slinks on in,
Keep guard with watchful eyes.
 
Matthew 26:41
Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
 
Proverbs 14:16
One who is wise is cautious and turns away from evil, but a fool is reckless and careless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment