Sunday, August 9, 2026

When Stayed On You


 







When all the worries piled up
As the day moved along,
I felt like I might sit and cry
If one more thing went wrong.
 
Then, just as that last thing went wrong,
I felt Your peace once more.
I closed my eyes and turned my heart
To You, whom I adore.
 
The world slowed down, Your peace poured in
And my wild thoughts went still,
For Your perfect peace only comes
When I trust in Your will.
 
The world may try to block it out,
To pile the worries high,
But when that perfect peace rolls in,
Then I know You’re near by.
 
Tomorrow might bring more worries,
That seems to be the way
The world tries to control my thoughts.
Your peace drives it away.
 
Tomorrow is another day,
Tonight, what I will do,
Is rest my weary spirit in
The peace that’s born in You.
 
Isaiah 26:3
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
 
Jeremiah 31:25
For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul I will replenish.

No comments:

Post a Comment