Saturday, August 22, 2026

Watching For Signs


 







I try to be a listener,
And have eyes that can see,
But sometimes I don’t understand
What You're asking of me.
 
I’ve picked up and followed Your call
A time or two, I know.
I bet I’ve missed more than I’ve heard.
That’s not how this should go.
 
I think I need more than just eyes.
Maybe a learning skill
Would help me recognize the signs
That clarify Your will.
 
I want to go where You call me,
Do what I’m called to do.
I need to learn to hear and see
The instructions from You.
 
Lord, help to understand what
You’re calling me to do.
I may not get them quickly, but
I’ll watch for signs from You.
 
James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
 
Psalm 37:5
Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act.

No comments:

Post a Comment