They walked upon the sandy shore
Leaving a trace behind,
But, with the next incoming tide,
There’ll be nothing to find.
Now here, and then we’re gone.
Yet, all that we have been in Him
Remains, and will live on.
Are the thoughts of the Lord.
That He would give a thought to us
Is beyond all reward,
All of those grains of sand,
For He still holds us tenderly
In the palm of His hand.
Of those He calls His own.
Our names are engraved on His palm,
More eternal than stone.
And rise on a new day,
But, unlike a footprint in sand,
In Him, our souls will stay.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is
the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake,
and I am still with you.
Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your
walls are continually before me.
Friday, August 7, 2026
Like Footprints In Sand
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment