Monday, September 19, 2022

You Are The Source


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I stand upon a windswept shore
And wonder if You see
The places I will never know
The life that will not be.
 
I look out on the endless waves
And count them as they roar
Of all that they have seen and done
While I stand on the shore.
 
I wonder if the distant sands
Have witnessed the delight
Of sunrise on a mountain’s peak
Or of a star filled night.
 
So many places I can’t know,
Stories I’ll never tell,
But I can stand upon this shore
And watch waves rise and swell.
 
I can listen to a new dawn
Sing of the day to be,
And I can lift praises to Him
Who gave all this to me.
 
I do not need to sail the seas
Or walk a distant land,
For I am His and He has set
My name upon His hand.
 
He knows the songs my heart will sing
For He is their true source.
So, I will stand upon this shore
With joy and not remorse!
 
Psalm 139: 4-5
Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment