Thursday, September 8, 2022

Sufficient For The Day


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Still the wind and still the waves
Upon the silent shore,
And still the worries of the day.
They trouble me no more.

Tomorrow they may rise again
Casting a shadow grim,
But for tonight my heart’s at peace
And my faith rests in Him.

Each day will bring what it will bring
And I must face each one.
Yet, there is comfort to be found
When each day’s fight is done.

Though I prepare, put plans in place,
Each day has its plans, too.
I have discovered my best plan
Is work hard and trust You.

Yet, in between the crazy days,
I find a peaceful night
Helps me to find the strength I need
To face tomorrow’s fight.

Matthew 6:34
Therefore, do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment