Friday, September 9, 2022

The Torrents of Life


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There are still waters in each life
But there are torrents, too.
Some days we have to just hold on
And ride the torrent through.

I will admit the quiet stream
Is more to my liking,
But I have learned I grow stronger
Where troubled waters spring.

It’s easy to rest on my pride
When life is a smooth flow,
But when I’m being swept away
Weaknesses is all I know.

For it is in the wild torrent,
When I fear what I’ll face,
That I'm inclined to call to You
And recognize Your grace.

I’m thankful for the gentle stream,
Please know that much is true,
I’m grateful, too, for the torrents
That bring me close to You.

Psalm 37:39
The salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; he is their stronghold in the time of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment