Sunday, September 11, 2022

The Darkened Valley


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I feel the world weighing on me,
The day is cold and grim.
The sky is filled with smoke and haze
And my heart calls to Him.
 
Oh Lord, I walk the dark valley
On my way to find You.
Please be my Light upon the way
And help me to pass through.
 
I do not fear the darkness, Lord,
Or what might hide within.
I fear, instead, the darkness born
Within a heart of sin.
 
Oh Lord, I cry out, knowing well
That You are ever near,
Please keep me on Your narrow path,
Walking with faith, not fear.
 
Don’t let me stray into the dark,
Oh Lord, please be my guide
Until I’ve passed through this dark vale.
Keep me close by Your side.
 
Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

No comments:

Post a Comment