Friday, March 24, 2023

Overwhelmed, But Loved


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I don’t know how much I can bear,
How much more I can hold.
I used to think that I was strong,
But now I just feel old.
 
If this day was a test of faith,
I failed impressively,
Cause I kept getting in the way
Of who I meant to be.  
 
I tried to help out here and there
And ended with a mess.
Until I gave up and came home
In frustrated distress.
 
Yet even with such failure, Lord,
Your love for me endures.
For You have called me by my name,
Reminding me I’m Yours.
 
You’ve given back to me the peace
That I lost through this day
And helped me resecure the faith
That I’d let slip away.
 
Isaiah 43:1-2
But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

No comments:

Post a Comment