Sunday, March 19, 2023

Joy Restored


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I feel as if the dark won’t end.
I struggle on and on
With no hope of respite or rest
Until this life is gone.
 
I’m weary, Lord, of this old road,
I’ve walked it for so long.
It used to be much easier,
Back when I was still strong.
 
But I am old and weary now,
What joy can this life bring?
Oh wait, is that a jonquil, Lord!!
Praise God, it’s almost spring.
 
I can’t believe what I’m seeing.
They were not there last night,
But, sure as the sun rose today,
There they stand, sweet and bright!
 
There is new joy in my old heart,
What delight those blooms bring,
For seeing earth’s restoration,
Reminds my soul to sing.
 
2 Corinthians 13:9
For we are glad when we are weak and you are strong. Your restoration is what we pray for.

No comments:

Post a Comment