Sunday, March 5, 2023

Matthew 23: 11-12 The Woes Part 1


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I know that I am not humble,
Though I may try to be,
For I am always first in line
To find what’s best for me.
 
A humble heart waits patiently,
That others may come first,
And does not let pride or envy
Become a burning thirst.
 
The humble heart is born of faith,
The haughty heart, of sin.
It falls upon us to decide
Which one we will let in.
 
He’s told us pride won’t lead to grace,
That the haughty will fall,
But humble hearts will lead the way
When heaven’s trumpets call.
 
Seek for yourself a humble heart,
Take time to let it grow.
Though you may not notice the change,
To others it will show.
 
Matthew 23:11-12
The greatest among you shall be your servant. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

No comments:

Post a Comment