Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Joy and A Few Tears


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Just a simple song of joy
Sprinkled with a few tears
For all those I have loved and lost
Over my many years.
 
It didn’t always make much sense,
But looking back I see
That everyone I’ve loved and lost
Left part of them in me.
 
Whether it was a fierce courage
Or patient, loving grace,
Without that blessing I would not
Be standing in this place.
 
The faith to hold on through the storms,
And some stubbornness, too,
Have carried me through much travail,
Then brought me back to you.
 
So many gifts and memories
A bit of joy and tears
And lots of love to see me through
All my remaining years.
 
Psalm 56:8
You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book?

No comments:

Post a Comment