Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Vengeance Is Yours, Not Mine










I’m listening to You tonight,
Not giving You commands.
I don’t need to explain it all
To one who understands.
 
You know my thoughts about this world,
And those who rant and shout,
Demanding that I praise their sin
And do not call it out.
 
I want to give them back the same
Rage they have poured on me,
But vengeance is not mine to take,
That’s not how I’m to be.
 
I need to hear You remind me
Of these points, now and then.
I may, and shall, condemn their deeds,
But give to You, their sin.
 
You know the path that they will choose.
I can pray they return,
But I cannot punish them for
The evil scars they earn.
 
Please give me strength when I should stand,
And, when I should not speak,
Please give strength to hush, instead.
Your wisdom’s what I seek.
 
I shall not pray that You destroy
Those who rejoice in sin.
You know when vengeance is needed,
And when grace should begin.
 
Romans 12:19
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”
 
Proverbs 20:22
Do not say, “I will repay evil”; wait for the Lord, and he will deliver you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment