Friday, September 25, 2026

Free Indeed


 







I found myself, far too often,
With my thoughts fixed on me,
Instead of having them focused
On where they ought to be.
 
I counted sins, polished my scars,
And told myself I’m why
Christ had to face crucifixion,
So my soul would not die.
 
I’m not worthy of such great love,
Undeserving of grace,
And I could list all of the wrongs
That I should have to face.
 
Then I heard Him call out my name
And tell me to let go
Of the sins from which He’s cleansed me
Because He loves me so.



 









I raised my eyes up from myself
And looked into His face.
That was the moment when I knew
I’d turned to the right place.
 
This isn’t about all my sins,
Or those of anyone.
It’s about His love and His choice
To die for everyone.
 
The sins I counted everyday
He will no longer see,
Because He chooses to forgive,
Because He still loves me.
 
When my eyes were fixed on myself,
Shame was all I could feel,
But now that they are fixed on Him,
His Word is all that’s real.
 
I can’t be His if I still hold
To what He’s washed away.
His is the truth I need live,
He is the only way.
 
Now, I no longer count my scars
Or let my past sins live.
I keep my eyes upon Him and
The grace He chose to give.
 
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
 
Psalm 32:1
Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment