Monday, September 28, 2026

A Moment Of Reflection










I get caught in the day to day,
The drama and the strife.
When I find I’m there, I step back
And reflect on my life.
 
The task You set before me is
Simple in many ways.
Yet, it can feel quite difficult
In the course of some days.
 
I look at me and see Your grace,
The blessings that I live
Only because of Your mercies
And the true hope they give.
 
I have a place to lay my head,
And food enough to eat.
When I stop to count my blessings,
The tally is replete.
 
Since You have blessed me so fully,
How can I withhold grace
For others who act as I might,
If I were in their place.
 
If I find I’m frustrated by
A knucklehead or two,
I need to recall that’s likely
How I must look to You.
 
Through this moment of reflection
I hope to find in me
Some of Your patience and Your grace
That others ought to see.
 
2 Corinthians 13:5 
Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!
 
Proverbs 27:19
As in water face reflects face, so the heart of man reflects the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment