Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Joy In Simple Things


 





It didn’t seem like a big thing,
A low spot in the lawn
Where the spring rains had pooled a bit.
By dusk it would be gone.
 
Since they were only passing through
They didn’t need a lake,
Just a small spot where they could find
Some rest and a short break.
 
They paddled happily a while,
Then, before dusk came on,
They quacked with joy and spread their wings,
Took off and they were gone.
 
I don’t know why this memory
Still brings me such delight,
But when I see this reminder
My day just feels so right.
 
I think I like to remember
That simple joys are best,
And that I’m wealthy past belief
When my soul is at rest.
 
Thank You, Lord, for this photograph
And the delight I feel
Each time I’m reminded my joy
In simple things is real.
 
Philippians 4:11
Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned, in whatever situation I am, to be content.
 
Psalm 16:11
You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment