Tuesday, September 22, 2026

I Stand Apart, Not Alone


 








I have been called out more than once
Because I stand apart
And do not echo the voices
That say, “just trust your heart”.
 
I stand within the world’s boundaries,
And help out where I can,
But my eyes are fixed on the Lord
And not the works of man.
 
My soul is His who redeemed it,
I stand for Him alone.
My heart’s not fixed on worldly dreams,
But on the grace He’s shown.
 
I offer that same love and grace
To others in this world
Because He’s told me to do so,
Not for invectives hurled.  
 
Some may believe the choice I make
Is a foolish mistake,
But I have seen where their path leads.
That’s not a path I’ll take.
 
Let this world speak against me, Lord,
I’ll keep standing apart.
For I stand firmly on Your Word
In body, mind and heart.
 
Matthew 5:11-12
“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
 
Isaiah 55:6-7
the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

No comments:

Post a Comment