Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Up To My Neck


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I’m called to live within the world,
Not let it live in me,
But sometimes I get in too deep
And things get so messy.
 
I let the frustrations build up
Until anger slips in,
Then suddenly I’m covered in
The blemishes of sin.
 
When I get in over my head
The one thing I should do
Is turn my eyes toward The Light
And keep them fixed on You.
 
So, why is it that by the time
I recall what You’ve said,
I’m already lost in the world
And in over my head.
 
I know that this world is a test
Of faith within travail,
But, by the look of me tonight,
Today was a big fail.
 
Oh Lord, help me to walk the world
As You would have me do,
Yet, at the same time, help me keep
My eyes focused on You.
 
Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment