Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Hunger and Thirst


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There are those days when I can dance,
Rejoicing with delight.
Yet, other days I fear I’m lost
In darkness, thick as night.
 
It isn’t that the world has changed,
It’s just my point of view.
For I forget to keep my eyes
And thoughts focused You.
 
I wake up needing time with You,
But this world sets my pace,
And I get so caught up in life
My soul loses its place.
 
Then by the ending of the day
My thoughts are all awry
And I can barely think to pray,
Though I will always try.
 
I’m hungry, Lord, to hear Your voice,
I thirst for Your Word, too.
Help me not be so distracted
That I lose sight of You.
 
John 6:35
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

No comments:

Post a Comment