Wednesday, January 4, 2023

The Seeds I Sow


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I’ll settle in Your stillness, Lord,
For I’ve none of my own.
My world is full of great chaos,
Sprung from the seeds I’ve sown.
 
Too little thought I give some days
To what I do or say.
I speak and just let the seeds fall
To scatter as they may.
 
I try each day to stop myself
From scattering bad seeds,
And every day my best laid plan
Just never quite succeeds.
 
Yet, despite my failure each day
To live as You’ve shown me,
You still offer the compassion
Of your peace and mercy.
 
Tonight, I’ll settle in Your peace,
Tomorrow I will rise
And try once more to plants some seeds
More pleasing to Your eye!
 
Mark 4:8
And other seeds fell into good soil and produced grain, growing up and increasing and yielding thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold.”

No comments:

Post a Comment