Thursday, January 5, 2023

The Storm Is Coming


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have a sense of foreboding
Growing within my heart.
It feels as if a storm’s brewing,
It’s just about to start.
 
I heard it rumbling in the night,
The dawn was cold and grim,
And I fell, trembling, to my knees
To lift a prayer to Him.
 
I don’t know what this storm will bring,
But it is on its way.
The only way I’ll make it through
Is bow my head and pray.
 
For I know that the storm will rage,
Its winds fiercely unfurled,
But He has calmed many a storm
And overcome this world.
 
I know I can’t avoid this storm,
Whatever it may bring,
But I’ll face it with faith, not fear.
I’ll praise the Lord and sing.
 
John 16:33
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment