Sunday, January 1, 2023

The New Has Come


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The time of resolutions made
To face the coming year,
To change from what has been before…
That time is now and here.
 
Without a doubt this broken world
Has chipped away my soul,
But I stand in the flowing grace
That renews and makes whole.
 
I look upon the bitterness
that I see every day,
The anger and self-righteousness
That once led me astray,
 
And I choose to turn back to grace,
Patience and compassion.
For it was through such grace from Him
That I’ve found redemption.
 
I choose to turn back from the world,
Let the old pass away,
And walk with faith the path He laid
That leads to a new day.
 
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment