Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Unchanging Love










I know that I have many faults,
Like all my fellow man,
But I strive, always, to improve.
A bold, but faulty plan.
 
For man is not unwavering
In anything we do.
We do not have the constancy
That we can find in You.
 
Your promise stands ever unchanged
Today and every day.
From rising sun to moon’s descent,
Your Word won’t fade away.
 
The sun may drift behind the clouds,
But it will rise and set.
I don’t have to see it to know,
For You do not forget.
 
Since You first called us to be Yours
Your promise is the same.
You have not changed or withdrawn it.
Your grace is ours to claim.
 
Lord, help me make one lasting change,
That of my faulty heart.
Reflecting Your unchanging love
Is a good place to start.
 
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment