Saturday, September 28, 2024

Something New Under the Son













The smoke stirred in the morning light
And shifted the world’s view.
What should have been a golden light,
Was now a darker hue.
Yet, it was still the rising sun,
Despite what was askew,
For there is nothing new in life
That is not born in You.
 
That’s why I called upon Your name
When I longed to be free
Of all the sin and broken truths
That had imprisoned me.
I knew what this world called brand new
Was merely fantasy,
And that the same old me I’d been
Was who I still would be.
 
I called out to You in my pain,
My shame and my great fear.
I didn’t know if You would care
Or even pause to hear,
But I knew no one else could help,
That much was all too clear.
I called out to You and You came
For You still hold me dear.
 
And now there’s something new indeed
Under that same old sun,
That old, unchanging me is gone
And that old life is done.
For I have been redeemed, restored,
And a new life’s begun.
Lord, I rejoice I'm something new
Living under Your Son.
 
Ecclesiastes 1:9
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment