Friday, September 20, 2024

Blessings and Rocky Paths













I love You, Lord, that’s all tonight.
We talked throughout the day
As I ran circles pointlessly
And got in my own way.
 
Somedays just seem to go like that,
But blessings tuned up, too.
I am inclined to give credit
For all of those to You.
 
I’m good at letting stress pile up,
But You always step in
And give me a good reason to
Slow down and start again.

You let me see the blessings there,
Along the rocky trail.
They were a sweet reminder that,
Through You, blessings prevail.
 
That’s why, tonight, all I can say
Is Lord, I love you so,
And thank You the rocky paths
Where love and joy still grow.
 
Psalm 144:15
Blessed are the people to whom such blessings fall! Blessed are the people whose God is the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment