Soft the rain falls from the sky,
The night now settles in.
I feel my thoughts unwind enough
To let Your peace begin.
Its voice still soothes my mind
In much the same way Your voice holds
The peace I long to find.
The sweetness of Your grace
That settles in, restoring me,
Like soft rain on my face.
Restore my weary soul,
Then, like the rain renews the grass,
I’ll rise up strong and whole.
For land that has drunk the rain that often falls on it,
and produces a crop useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a
blessing from God.
May my teaching drop as the rain, my speech distill as
the dew, like gentle rain upon the tender grass, and like showers upon the
herb.
Thursday, October 1, 2026
Like A Restoring Rain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment