Saturday, October 3, 2026

Growing Closer To Him


 










Forgive me, Father, for my sins,
They seem vast in array,
And, though I try to do better,
They still pop up each day.
 
I know You see them, every one,
Like the hairs on my head,
But You washed all my sins away
When Christ rose from the dead.
 
I still feel shame for each of them,
And try to sin no more,
Yet, for each time I stop one sin,
Two more knock at my door.
 
Some are the same old sins today
That I sinned yesterday.
While others seem to randomly
Put on some big display.   
 
You formed the heavens, named the stars,
And keep watch on sparrows,
So, I have no doubt that You know
How my strength ebbs and flows.
 
I’ll rest upon the promise of
The forgiveness You give,
And try to grow closer to You
Every day I live.
 
Ephesians 2:8 
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God
 
Psalm 73:26 
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment