Friday, July 31, 2026

My Recharging Station

The gull flew down to settle on
The solar charging block.
It sat there hunkered down, fatigued.
What’s next has left me shocked.
 
For, after it had charged a bit,
It stood up tall and proud,
It raised its head and sang a praise.
Its voice renewed and loud!



 









Now you may think I’ve missed a fact,
Or even two or three,
But I was there when this went down.
And it’s happened to me.
 
I’ve sat down in my Savior’s peace
And cut out all the noise,
Until I felt weariness flee
Leaving behind fresh joys.
 
I’ve rested in His living grace,
The mercy He pours out,
Until I’ve found my strength, once more.
Then I stood with a shout
 
And praised His name with all my heart
Rejoicing that, at length,
He renewed me so I could soar
On the wings of His strength.
 
A parable as old as time,
From a new perspective.
Recharging’s one thing we all need
In this world where we live,
And we are blessed, His peace and rest
Are gifts He’ll gladly give.
 
Isaiah 40:31
but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
 
2 Corinthians 4:16
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment