Thursday, July 23, 2026

And Rest A While













It’s time for me to just be still,
To rest within Your peace,
And bid the chaos of this world
To hush! It’s time to cease.
 
I need to go off by myself
To somewhere I can hear
The quiet whispers of Your voice,
To feel You drawing near.
 
I’m always grateful for the chance
To do Your perfect will,
But I am also grateful for
Time with You, to be still.
 
Oh Lord, I seek Your peace tonight,
Tomorrow I will rise
And work once more with a glad heart.
Tonight, my spirit sighs.
 
Mark 6:31
And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat.
 
Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment