Sunday, July 12, 2026

I'll Go Out On A Limb









So often we try to fit in
With those still of the world,
Only to find ourselves the brunt
Of their anger unfurled.
 
We’re called to love, yet are denounced
By those we’ve known for years
Because we hold fast to the Word
And not to this world’s tears.
 
They demand that we compromise
With the choices they make,
Yet they condemn the path we walk
As a heartless mistake.
 
I know that You lived this and worse
When You walked on the earth,
And I can never hope to be
The equal of Your worth.
 
Yet, I will go out on a limb
And live each day like You,
Doing my best to follow all
That You’ve called us to do.
 
I won’t listen to the voices
That tell me I am wrong
To follow the path of Your grace.
My faith in You is strong.
 
I’ll live as You’ve called me to live
Not as this world commands.
Though I may stand alone at times,
I’ll stand there in Your hands.
 
John 15:18-19
“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

No comments:

Post a Comment