Wednesday, October 16, 2024

A Place To Rest










A moment spent in silent thought,
A prayer of thanks and praise
For bringing me closer to You,
And for these quiet days.
 
The morning mist wrapped me in peace
And whispered of the grace
That led me out of the tempest
Into this restful place.
 
For all my life I’ve walked the path,
The rough and rocky way,
Learning to know You as I walked,
And how to trust and pray.
 
I know my journey is not done,
But You have brought here
Where I can rest, renew, rejoice
And feel You ever near.
 
The time will come when I must rise,
And carry on, once more.
For now, I’ll rest within Your peace
Upon this quiet shore.
 
1 Peter 5:10
And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment