Friday, July 17, 2015

Deep Water


The sea is roughest near the shore,
But the deeps hold more fear.
And, though I’m terrified to go,
I know I can’t stay here.
 
The waves will crush me on the rocks
If I don’t get out deep,
But how can I get past them with
All of the fears I keep.
 
The task that You have asked of me
Will lead beyond the shore,
Yet I can’t know what the deep holds,
Or what fate lies in store.
 
Yet I must find the faith I need
To cross the crashing foam,
And sail out into deep waters
That may not bring me home.
 
Oh Lord, I rise. I’ll face my fears,
Then head on out to sea,
And I will cast my nets with faith
That You watch over me.

Luke 5:4
When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.”

No comments:

Post a Comment